DEPARTMENT: AD OPERATIONS
LOCATION: TORONTO, CANADA
ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM [m]Platform, is a specialist programmatic company connected to the world’s largest marketplace. The company’s proprietary Meta-DSP–Proteus, unifies the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies, media platforms and exchanges into a single touch-point, empowering direct advertisers and GroupM agencies with the highest level of efficiencies and analytics.
Proteus is integrated into ten of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, ONE by AOL and The Trade Desk. This unique programmatic technology creates a holistic view of the digital ecosystem providing advertisers with unparalleled audience reach, scale, campaign insights and efficiencies – future proofing brands.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab services more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
THE POSITION: AD OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Are you a problem-solver who loves numbers and is looking to build an exciting career in the fast-paced world of programmatic marketing?
We are looking for a data-savvy candidate to join our Toronto-based team. Kickstart your digital marketing career with The Exchange Lab today.
The Ad Operations Specialist is responsible for all aspects of ad trafficking including the implementation, uploading, testing, QA, deployment, troubleshooting and analysis of online ad campaigns
As part of a growing team, the Applicant will support the Operations team and the Sales team by trafficking ad creatives, setting up campaigns, optimizing their performance and pulling and distributing performance data.
The successful candidates will thrive in a competitive and fast-moving business environment while adhering to high ethical standards; will have a strong desire to learn new things; exhibit an acute eye for detail; display confidence, empathy and intelligence in discussions with business owners and marketing executives; will devote significant off-the-job time to improving their understanding of the online advertising world; will interact in a co-operative and friendly manner with co-workers; and will perform at a consistently and high level with minimal need for supervision or management.
- To manage the day to day trafficking and setup of online ad campaigns and ensure smooth delivery and tracking
- Act as technical support to help troubleshoot problem creative
- Manage standard, Rich Media and Video creative in raw file or tag format
- Act as an operations liaison to test new and evaluate new features and products
- Generate various reports for internal teams and third parties
- Respond to general queries and reported problems internally and externally
- To provide quality assurance (QA) to any trafficked ad campaigns.
- To provide quality assurance (QA) to any daily data uploads and any data output
- To pull campaign reports on behalf of the Sales Team as per their requirements.
- To escalate any usage concerns or recommendations of The Exchange Lab DB to the Operations Team Lead(s)
- If required to, directly escalate any trafficking issues to any technology providers or internal account managers.
- To monitor campaigns data for any data anomalies, spikes or drops (for example ad impressions, clicks, spend).
- To consider campaign and advertiser objectives and recommend new courses of activity to meet those ends in a clear and concise way.
- To work on projects which include improving the company’s trafficking and data processes
- Understanding the online bidding process for the purchase of ad impressions, analyzing bidding rates, suggest and implement improvements.
- University Degree
- Technical aptitude; commercial understanding
- Basic familiarity with third party ad servers
- Analytical and numerate
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates clear desire to enter and possesses a basic understanding of online advertising
- Good MS Excel skills; good overall skills with Microsoft packages
- Good interpersonal skills, approachable manner
- Good written English and communication skills
- Well organized, multi-tasker
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com